Director, Audit & Assurance Services
Over 25 Years of Experience With Large Public Accounting Firms Serving Credit Unions, Retirement Plans, and Other Industries
George Zebegret, CPA
George has vast experience in audits of financial institutions, broker-dealers, employee benefit plans, contractors, and public and nonpublic companies gained at a Big Four Accounting firm, a National firm, and significant Top Florida firms. George has a wealth of knowledge in managing audits, reviews, compilations, internal audits, agreed-upon procedure, and consulting engagements. His management experience includes auditing, internal audit, financial performance, client development, and expense management.
George brings specialized experience in the areas of employee defined benefit and contribution plans, mergers and acquisitions, banking, credit unions, broker-dealers, and other financial institutions. George has in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB standards.
- Director, Audit and Assurance Services – Shavell & Company, P.A. 2020-Present
- Director, Audit and Assurance Services – South Florida Top 25 Accounting Firm
- Senior Audit Manager – National, Inside Public Accounting (“IPA”) Top 100 Accounting Firm – Financial Institutions Group – 16 Years
- Big Four CPA firm background, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
Education & Credentials:
- BS in Accounting, Florida International University
- Licensed CPA in Florida